Mediating Spaces. 5th International Conference of Hispanic Linguistics
Limerick (Irlanda), del 8 al 10 de julio de 2010
The goal of this Conference is to bring together researchers working on sociolinguistics, pragmatics, conversation and discourse analysis, and reflect the growth of interest in these and related areas of Hispanic linguistics.
Confirmed plenary speakers
- Carol Klee (University of Minnesota)
- Nuria Lorenzo Dus (Swansea University, Wales)
- Melissa Moyer (Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona)
- Luisa Martín Rojo (Universidad Autónoma de Madrid)
- Helen Kelly-Holmes (University of Limerick, Ireland): ‘Virtual linguistic ethnography'
Whilst we have selected a theme for this conference, this in no way restricts submission of abstracts to the topic of 'Mediating Spaces''. We welcome abstracts for papers exploring any aspects of the way in which Spanish is used in society. Of particular interest are theoretical, methodological and empirical papers on the use of Spanish in contexts in which mediation between linguistic, political, sociocultural, etc. spaces takes place. For example:
- Spanish in bilingual and cross-cultural settings
- Spanish in health-care and judicial contexts
- Spanish in educational settings
- Spanish in the mass media
- Spanish in political communication
- Spanish and gender issues
Presentations will be 30-minute research papers inclusive of 10 minutes for discussion and questions. The languages of the conference are English and Spanish. We intend to publish a selection of peer-reviewed articles.
Deadline for abstracts and submission guidelines : Please submit abstracts for papers by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 1st March 2010 .
Abstracts should be sent as a word attachment containing the title of the paper and a 300 word max. description of the proposed talk, including: the aims, methodology and main findings of the study upon which it is based, as well as a list of bibliographical references (Harvard system). Contact details (name, affiliation and postal / electronic address) should be included only in the body of the email, together with the title of the paper.
Notification of acceptance : April 2010.
Conference Registration: April - June 2010
Área temática: Sociolingüística
Entidad Organizadora: International Association for the Study of Spanish in Society
Contacto: David Atkinson <email@example.com>
Plazo de envío de propuestas: 1 de marzo de 2010